Cisco Catalyst 2960 Switches
Enhance productivity by using the new Cisco Catalyst 2960-S Series Switches to enable applications such as IP telephony, wireless, and video. These enterprise-class switches provide a borderless network experience that is easy to use and upgrade, as well as highly secure, sustainable, and available.
The fixed-configuration access switches provide a lower total cost of ownership for enterprise, midmarket, and branch office networks.
New 10 and 1 Gb Ethernet network modules offer uplink flexibility. They improve business continuity and facilitate your transition to 10 Gb Ethernet.
The Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series offers :
- Intelligent features at the network edge, such as sophisticated access control lists (ACLs) and enhanced security
- Dual-purpose uplinks for Gigabit Ethernet uplink flexibility, allowing use of either a copper or a fiber uplink—each dual-purpose uplink port has one 10/100/1000 Ethernet port and one Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP)-based Gigabit Ethernet port, with one port active at a time
- Network control and bandwidth optimization using advanced QoS, granular rate limiting, ACLs, and multicast services
- Network security through a wide range of authentication methods, data encryption technologies, and network admission control based on users, ports, and MAC addresses
- Easy network configuration, upgrades, and troubleshooting using Cisco Network Assistant software
- Auto-configuration for specialized applications using Smartports