Meraki MS22 Cloud Managed 24 Port GigE Switch
The Meraki MS is the world’s first cloud-managed switch bringing the benefits of the cloud: simplified management, reduced complexity, network wide visibility and control, and lower cost for branch and campus deployments.
Industry-Leading Cloud Management
Cloud management has a number of benefits that make it easier to build networks large and small:
- Single pane of glass management of distributed switch deployments, wireless APs, and firewalls across multiple sites through the browser.
- Virtual stacking: manage up to tens of thousands of ports from a single pane of glass.
- Layer 7 OS and hostname fingerprinting.
- Powerful Live Tools such as cable test to isolate physical layer issues.
- E-mail and SMS (text) alerts upon power loss, downtime, or configuration changes.
- Role-based administration and automatic, scheduled firmware upgrades over the web.
- Regular feature updates and enhancements delivered on demand from the Meraki cloud.
- No staging deployment
Meraki switches feature high-end hardware features without the high-end price, including:
- Four built-in small form-factor pluggable transceivers (SFP / SFP+)
- GbE and 10 GbE uplink ports for high-speed connectivity to aggregation layer switches or other upstream devices
- Wire-speed switch fabric (up to 176 Gbps) and QoS queues per port for converged voice, video, and data deployments
- Low power consumption, quiet acoustic designs, and shallow rack depth, which enable flexible deployment in wiring closets as well as offices and classrooms
- 380 watt PoE budget with PoE+ support for powering APs, phones, cameras, and other PoE enabled devices
- Lifetime hardware warranty and advanced replacement at no additional cost
Full Enterprise Feature Set
Meraki switches include all of the traditional Ethernet features found on the highest end products, including:
- Quality-of-Service (QoS) to prioritize mission critical traffic such as voice and video
- IEEE 802.1X support for port based network access control
- Voice VLAN support for simplified VoIP deployments
- Port Mirroring to monitor network traffic
- IGMP Snooping to optimize network performance with multicast traffic
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) for high-capacity trunking, stacking, and increased availability
- Broadcast storm protection, spanning tree, and other safeguards to guard against misconfigurations and reduce convergence time
- Per port VLAN configuration
- Multiple administrative roles with sophisticated security policy management
Converged Voice, Video and Data Environments
The Meraki switch family is designed to unify data, voice, and video onto a single IP backbone. All Meraki switches support rich quality- of-service (QoS) functionality for prioritizing data, voice, and video traffic. The switches support eight class-of-service (CoS) queues on every port, enabling them to maintain end-to-end traffic prioritization.
PoE models provide 15.4 watts of power per port for VoIP telephones, IP security cameras, wireless access points (APs), and other IP devices. The Meraki MS switches also support standards-based 25.5 watt (30 watt max per port) IEEE 802.3at for powering networked devices like multiple radio IEEE 802.11n APs and video phones that may require more power than available with IEEE 802.3af. In addition, using LLDP, PoE power is intelligently budgeted to maximize the number of PoE clients supported.
To ease deployment, the Meraki MS22 and MS42 switches support the industry-standard Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP), enabling switches to automatically discover Ethernet-enabled devices, determine their power requirements and join the correct virtual LAN (VLAN).
Lifetime Warranty with Next-day Advanced Replacement
Meraki MS22 and MS42 switches include a limited lifetime hardware warranty that provides next-day advance hardware switch replacement as long as the original purchaser owns the product. Meraki’s simplified software and support licensing model also combines all software upgrades, centralized systems management and phone support under a single, easy-to-understand model.