Wireless Site Survey
Going Wireless ? — Get it Right the first time - Call us for Professional Wireless Site Survey 888-219-0207
A wireless site survey, sometimes called an RF site survey is the first step in the deployment of a Wireless network (WiFi and Indoor Cellular extension) and the most important step to ensure the desired operation.
Click Here to Download: The importance of a Wireless site survey
A Wireless (RF) Site Survey is the process of planning and designing a wireless network, in particular an 802.11 Wi-Fi wireless network, to provide a solution that will deliver the required wireless coverage, data rates, network capacity (number of users), roaming capability and Quality of Service (QoS). The survey involves a site visit to run tests to determine the presence of RF interference and identify optimum installation locations for Access Points. This requires analysis of your building’s floor plans, visual inspection of the facility, and usage of professional site survey tools.
It is very important to perform a Wireless (RF) site-survey to determine the effects of the facility on the propagated of radio waves. It is also important to test that there is no interference that may present at some locations that may make the wireless network inoperable. This up-front planning and documentation facilitates the smooth implementation of your network.
Here's Some Samples of our latest projects
- Wireless site survey for 825,000 Sq. Ft College in Connecticut
- Survey for a 1.2 Million Sq. Ft. Warehouse in Georgia
- Wireless survey for 2,202,000 Sq. Ft. Hospital in NYC
- Survey Design and Deployment of over 120 Location country wide for a single client.
Solve Your Wireless Needs with the TribecaExpress Site Survey
- Complete WLAN site surveying solution
- Create effective and descriptive coverage maps
- Reveal coverage voids and gabs
- Create interference maps
- Map signal leakage from your building
- Locate access points and best installation practices
- Discover the existence and location of rogue access points an increasing need in todays marketplace.
- Map channel usage
- Find RF interference sources
- Visualize overlapping wireless access point coverage
- Map data rate usage for today’s 802.11ac networks (achieve even speeds throughout your facility)
- Determine the effects of outside or neighboring access points and obtain professional advice from our 20 years of Wi-Fi experience.
Our engineers will conduct a detailed site survey of the building in preparation for deployment of the wireless equipment. The only true method for optimum site performance is to test empirically for proper placement of Access Points and type of antenna to be employed. There is no way to determine the distance that a signal will travel without a survey. Metal film on glass, leaded glass, steel studded walls, cement floors and walls with steel reinforcement, foil backed insulated walls, firewalls stairwells and elevator shafts are typical items that will reduce range. In a multi floor building, it is necessary to do a three dimensional profile.
We have over 20 years of experience Call us at 888-219-0207 or eSales@etribeca.com