Cisco Catalyst 2960-24-S Switch
Cisco® Catalyst® 2960 Series Switches with LAN Lite software are fixed-configuration, standalone switches that provide desktop Fast Ethernet connectivity for entry-level wiring closet and small branch-office networks (Figure 1). These switches simplify the migration from non-intelligent hubs and unmanaged switches to a fully scalable managed network.
Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series Switches have lower cost of ownership with features such as intelligent switch configuration using Auto Smart Ports, installation with Auto Install and enhanced troubleshooting to facilitate ease of use. Comprehensive management tools such as Cisco Network Assistant provide ongoing management and monitoring of switches.
Services integrating voice, video, and wireless applications are possible using the Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series LAN Lite Switches. Power over Ethernet (POE) and quality of service (QoS) provide comprehensive service delivery for entry-level customers.
Security capabilities that are pervasive in the network are critical for secure operations, and end-to-end security is obtained using the Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series Switches with LAN Lite software. An array of Cisco security solutions is available, including Cisco Clean Access NAC-based solutions.
Overall, the functionality available in Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series Switches with LAN Lite software provides peace of mind when dealing with today's network operations and lowers cost of ownership for customers.
- Connectivity: Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity in 8-port, 24-port, and 48-port configurations
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): 48 PoE ports, 24 full PoE ports and 24-ports (PoE supported on 8 ports) configurations
- Advanced Services: Layer 2 switching with intelligent Layer 2 through 4 services for the network edge such as voice, video, and wireless LAN Simplified installation, configuration and troubleshooting with ease of use capabilities such as Auto Smart Ports and DHCP Auto Install
- Security: Network security enabled through a wide range of authentication methods, data encryption technologies, and NAC based on users, ports, and MAC addresses
- Layer 2 Fast Ethernet switching in 8-port, 24-port, and 48-port configurations
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): 24 full PoE port and 24-port (PoE supported on 8 ports) configurations
- Security management through SSH, SSL, SNMPv3, and Network Admission Control enabled through 802.1x, MAC-Auth Bypass, and Port Security
- Availability: 802.1S/W enables standards-based fault tolerance, load balancing, and rapid recovery; PVST+ increases available bandwidth by allowing traffic on redundant links
- QoS: Traffic classification and shaping to prioritize various applications
- Management: Cisco IOS software based switch operation, Cisco Network Assistant support: Express Setup is quick and easy using the web page interface for network configuration
- Simplified installation, configuration and troubleshooting with ease of use capabilities such as Auto Smart Ports and DHCP Auto Install
- Enhanced troubleshooting for link connectivity issues and cable diagnostics
- Single IP address, SYSLOG, SNMP management for a stack of up to 16 switches
- Limited lifetime hardware warranty
- Software updates available at no additional charge