Cisco 5500 Series Wireless Controllers for up to 12 Cisco access points
Optimized for up to 12 Cisco access points
Flexible, Secure Mesh Platform for Demanding Environments
The Cisco 5500 Series Wireless Controller is a highly scalable and flexible platform that enables system wide services for mission-critical wireless in medium to large-sized enterprises and campus environments. Designed for 802.11n performance and maximum scalability, the 5500 Series offers enhanced uptime with the ability to simultaneously manage 250 access points; superior performance for reliable streaming video and toll quality voice; and improved fault recovery for a consistent mobility experience in the most demanding environments.
Optimized for next-generation wireless networking, the 5500 Series offers improved mobility and prepares the business for the next wave of mobile devices and applications. The 5500 Series supports a higher density of clients and delivers more efficient roaming, with at least nine times the throughput of existing 802.11a/g networks.
The 5500 Series automates wireless configuration and management functions and allows network managers to have the visibility and control needed to cost-effectively manage and secure their wireless networks. As a component of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network, this controller provides real-time communication between Cisco Aironet access points, the Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS), and the Cisco Mobility Services Engine to deliver centralized security policies, wireless intrusion prevention system (IPS) capabilities, award-winning RF management, and quality of service (QoS).
Maximum Performance and Scalability
- Support for up to 250 access points and 7000 clients.
- 802.11n optimized for up to nine times the performance of 802.11a/g networks.
- Enhanced uptime with the ability to simultaneously configure and manage 250 access points per controller
Improved Mobility and Services
- Larger mobility domain for more simultaneous client associations.
- Faster RRM updates for uninterrupted network access when roaming.
- Intelligent RF control plane for self-configuration, self-healing, and self-optimization.
- Efficient roaming improves application performance such as toll quality, voice, and consistent streaming video and data backup.
Comprehensive Wired/Wireless Security
- Full CAPWAP access point to controller encryption with WPLUS license.
- Supports rogue access point detection and denial-of-service attacks.
- Management frame protection detects malicious users and alerts network administrators.