Cisco 3825 Advanced Securty Bundles - CISCO3825-SEC/K9
3825 Security Bundle, Advanced Security, 128 MB Flash, 512 MB DRAM - CISCO3825-SEC/K9
The integrated services routing architecture of the Cisco 3800 Series is designed to embed and integrate security and voice processing with advanced wired and wireless services for rapid deployment of new applications, including application layer functions, intelligent network services, and converged communications. These routers support the bandwidth requirements for multiple Fast Ethernet interfaces per slot, time-division multiplexing (TDM) interconnections, and fully integrated power distribution to modules supporting 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE). And at the same time they still support the existing portfolio of modular interfaces, thereby ensuring continued investment protection to accommodate network expansion or changes in technology as new services and applications are deployed. Uninterrupted business operations and business continuity is supported with WAN link redundancy, On-line Insertion and Removal (OIR) and redundant power supply configurations. By integrating the functions of multiple separate devices into a single compact unit, the Cisco 3800 Series Routers dramatically reduce the cost and complexity of managing remote networks.
The Cisco 3800 Series includes the Cisco 3825 and Cisco 3845 Series Routers. These routers integrate a comprehensive set of security features such as firewall, IPSec and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN, intrusion prevention system (IPS), and voice call processing with advanced wired and wireless services for rapid deployment of new applications that include application layer functions, intelligent network services, and converged communications.
The Cisco 3800 Series is available in three optional configurations:
- AC power
- AC power with integrated inline power support
- DC power
Secure Network Connectivity for Data, Voice, and Video
An important component of the Cisco Self-Defending Network, the Cisco 3800 Series Routers feature the industry's most comprehensive security services embedded and integrated within the router, offering you a single, resilient platform to rapidly deploy secure networks and applications. Cisco integrated services routers provide advanced security services and management capabilities such as built-in hardware encryption acceleration, IP Security (IPSec), VPN (Advanced Encryption Standard [AES], Triple Digital Encryption Standard [3DES], DES, and Multiprotocol Label Switching [MPLS]), stateful firewall protection, dynamic intrusion prevention (IPS), and URL filtering support. Cisco IOS® Software security feature sets enable all of these rich security features, as well as applications such as Cisco Network Admission Control (NAC), Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN), and Voice and Video Enabled VPN (H-VSEC).
For ease of management and configuration, the Cisco 3800 Series also features the intuitive, web-based Cisco Router and Security Device Manager (SDM) and Cisco Configuration Professional For secure services management, every Cisco integrated services router supports Secure Shell Protocol Version 2 (SSHv2) and Simple Network Management Protocol Version 3 (SNMPv3) to encrypt the management session.
The Cisco 3825 Integrated Services Router provides the following support:
- Wire-speed performance for concurrent services such as security and voice , and advanced services at up to half T3/E3 rates
- Enhanced investment protection through increased performance and modularity
- Enhanced investment protection through increased modularity
- Increased density through High-Speed WAN Interface Card Slots (four)
- Enhanced Network Module Slot
- Support for over 90 existing and new modules
- Support for majority of existing AIMs, NMs, WICs, VWICs, and VICs
- Integrated GE ports with copper and fiber support
- Optional Layer 2 switching support with Power over Ethernet (PoE) (as an option) , supports the 36-port Cisco EtherSwitch module (NMD-36ESW)
- On-board encryption
- Support of up to 2000 VPN tunnels with the AIM-EPII-PLUS Module
- Antivirus defense support through Network Admission Control (NAC)
- Intrusion Prevention as well as stateful Cisco IOS Firewall support and many more essential security features
- Analog and digital voice call support
- Optional voice mail support
- Optional support for Cisco CallManager Express for local call processing in stand alone business for up to 168 IP Phones
- Optional support for Survivable Remote Site Telephony support for local call processing in small enterprise branch offices for up to 336 IP phones