Cisco 1941/K9 Series Integrated Services Routers
Cisco 1941 with 2 onboard GE, 2 EHWIC slots, 1 ISM slot, 256MB CF default, 512MB DRAM default, IP Base
Cisco 1941/K9 Series Integrated Services Router
The Cisco Integrated Services Routers supporting the Cisco Unified Wireless Network enable deployment of secure, manageable WLANs optimized for remote sites and branch offices, including fast secure mobility, survivable authentication, and simplified management. The Cisco Unified Wireless Network addresses critical points of potential failure and helps enable resiliency and survivability for WLANs at remote locations and branch offices. This solution protects the WLAN by providing fast recovery from a variety of faults that may occur. With Cisco's high availability for remote WLANs, hardware and software work together to enable rapid recovery from disruptions and help ensure fault transparency to users and network applications
The new Cisco 1941W with IEEE 802.11n integrated access point support both unified and autonomous deployments. This integrated Wi-Fi access point offers IEEE 802.11n draft 2.0 standard support for mobile access to high-bandwidth data, voice, and video applications through the use of multiple-input, multiple-output (MIMO) technology that provides increased throughput, reliability, and predictability. IEEE 802.11n wireless networks create a cohesive working environment by combining the mobility of wireless with the performance of wired networks. Cisco has innovative, next-generation wireless solutions that offer greater performance and extended reach for pervasive wireless connectivity. IEEE 802.11n technology delivers outstanding reliability and up to nine times the throughput of current IEEE 802.11 a/b/g networks. It makes wireless networks an integral part of every type of organization by offering the following benefits:
- Data rates of up to 600 Mbps support more users, devices, and mission-critical, bandwidth-intensive applications.
- New MIMO technology provides predictable WLAN coverage and reliable connectivity.
- Next-generation wireless technology provides superior investment protection to support emerging mobile applications.
These routers help extend corporate networks to secure remote sites while giving users access to the same applications found in corporate offices for both data and voice applications. When users require WLAN access, visibility and control of network security are even more critical at the remote site. The new fixed Cisco Integrated Services Routers meet this need with a single device that combines integrated IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n capabilities with security features such as Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), including authentication with IEEE 802.1X with the Cisco Light Extensible Authentication Protocol (LEAP) and Protected EAP (PEAP) and encryption with the WPA Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP).
Key Business Benefits
The Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 (ISR G2) provide superior services integration and agility. Designed for scalability, the modular architecture of these platforms enables you to grow and adapt with your business needs. Table 1 lists the business benefits of the Cisco 1900.
- The Cisco 1941 Series offer increased levels of services integration with data, security, wireless and mobility services enabling greater efficiencies cost savings.
Services on Demand
- A single Cisco IOS® Software Universal image is installed on each ISR G2. The Universal image contains all of the Cisco IOS technology sets which can be activated with a software license. This allows your business to quickly deploy advanced features without downloading a new IOS image. Additionally, larger default memory is included to support the new capabilities.
- The Cisco Services Ready Engine (SRE) enables a new operational model which allows you to reduce capital expenditures (CapEx) and deploy a variety of application services as needed on a single integrated compute services module.
High Performance with Integrated Services
- The Cisco 1900 Series enables deployment in high speed WAN environments with concurrent services enabled up to 25 Mbps.
- Multi-Gigabit Fabric enables high bandwidth module to module communication without compromising routing performance
- Designed to address customer business requirements, Cisco 1941 Series with the modular architecture, offers performance range of modular interfaces and services as your network needs grow.
- Modular interfaces offer increased bandwidth, a diversity of connection options, and network resiliency.
The Cisco 1941 Series architecture provides energy savings features that include the following:
- The Cisco 1900 Series offers intelligent power management and allows the customer to control power to the modules based on the time of day. Cisco EnergyWise technology will be supported in the future.
- Services integration and modularity on a single platform performing multiple functions, optimizes raw materials consumption and energy usage.
- Platform flexibility and ongoing development of both hardware and software capabilities lead to a longer product lifecycle, lowering all aspects of the total cost of ownership, including materials and energy use.
- High efficiency power supplies are provided with each platform.